Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hipster Musicians, You Have Been One-Upped.

Ever toured the west coast from Canada to Mexico towing your double-bass behind your bike in a rolling coffin-like-contraption? Blind Pilot has, twice. The story was on NPR this morning, and I happened to catch it as I was eating my Eggo waffles. (My last trip to the grocery store I stood in the cereal aisle for 3 or 4 minutes, gradually realizing that I didn't want anything there. I think this is an important step in the living-on-your-own transition. Overcoming food laziness. Branching out. I made eggs a couple mornings ago. Eggs!)

Back to Blind Pilot, their music is really good, or else I probably wouldn't bother blogging about them. My guess is they'll probably gain some moderate fame pretty soon; they're touring with The Decembrists this summer, they've got a lo-fi documentary about their bike tour coming out soon, and bottom line, they sound great. For all I know, everyone else already knows about them. If this is the case, I'd rather not know. It's not very often I'm the one discovering cool bands. Let me have this one.

Also, this is great for me, because I'm finally really starting to get serious about using a bike for most of my transportation, overcoming old fears, trying to find a bike that fits me, and so on, so this is currently making me happy.

You can listen to them on their Myspace page, and here's the trailer for their upcoming documentary:

No comments:

Post a Comment