Friday, May 6, 2011

Cinco de Birthday! vol. 2

Last year on my birthday, I posted a video of myself playing a fun, bouncy cover. Then, about a week ago, somebody videotaped me playing another fun, bouncy cover at a show. A suspicious coincidence, no? Maybe it will be a tradition.




I had a birthday, but I feel younger (less mature, less self-aware, less sure of my world) than I have in a long time. I think it's a good change. I finally burned and printed that plate I etched half a decade ago, and it didn't come out like I thought it would. It's a wonderful discovery, a force for new energy, new work, more art, and forward motion. It feels great. Re-evaluation is a good thing to do on your 21st birthday, I think, and a good springtime activity in general.

Thanks for all the love.


(From the same show, my friend Leah Wilson.)

1 comment:

  1. and for cool and casual leaning, boy aren't they great!

    ReplyDelete